Financial Hardship and Assistance
Unforeseen financial hardship
Unforeseen financial hardship is more common than people might think, and many people will find themselves in some level of financial hardship at some point in their life. A period of financial hardship is often temporary and, given time, most customers will overcome their financial difficulties.
What is Unforeseen financial hardship?
We understand that situations may arise from time to time that will impact your ability to pay your ongoing obligation to Laybuy. Common events contributing to financial hardship may include:
- Injury or illness;
- Emergency events or natural disasters;
- Personal changes in income or expenditure;
- changes in employment status, or
- Significant life events such as a relationship breakdown or death in the family.
Our approach to Unforeseen financial hardship
When you are in genuine financial hardship, our goal is to help you to get through this period. Our team is committed to working with you to find an appropriate solution that is effective, sustainable and help you get back on track.
We also acknowledge that ongoing access to Laybuy is dependent on customers remaining committed to the repayment program and its policies and communicate with our Hardship team.
Our hardship team is available to discuss individual circumstances, answer any questions you might have and will work out a solution that is suitable for everyone. We understand everyone’s needs are different, so we assess each application on a case-by-case basis.
Information we will need:
- The circumstances surrounding your situation;
- What amounts you can repay in the meantime and when can you commence making these payments; and
- How long do you foresee the situation lasting?
Based on the information you provide we will work with you on a personalised solution based on your circumstances.
Due to the nature of Laybuy being generally small repayments, the most common interim solution will be:
- A temporary postponement of payments while you get back on your feet; or
- In special circumstances, we will support you in repaying the outstanding principal.
Laybuy will always overlay a common sense and supportive approach to our customers' needs as a trusted payment solution.
All requests for hardship assistance will be treated in the strictest confidence as we work together to find a solution.
How does someone apply for hardship assistance?
They can reach our Customer Experience team on email@example.com.